Summer the six letter word that is in almost everybody’s vocabulary. It is approximately hundred days of freedom from school and hundred days of unplanned activities. As we grow older we look back on past summer memories and remember the laughs that were shared. We also look forward to upcoming summer memories and get excited for the adventures that lie ahead. So, what is going to make Summer of 2016 memorable? Worry no more. Be a part of an adventure with Door County Adventure Center and create memories that will last a lifetime. We promise it will be the perfect addition to your summer time fun!
1. Door County Adventure Center provides recreation opportunities that are fun, safe and affordable; including kayaking, zip lining, stand up paddle boarding, trips, retreats, corporate team building, youth camps and more!
2. We have five different adventure locations throughout Door County. These locations are Egg Harbor, Rowleys Bay, Stone Harbor, Sturgeon Bay and Whitefish Dunes State Park. This diversity makes it easy to accommodate many different peoples needs based on where they are staying and level of experience.
3. We offer two different zip lines, which allows people to be able to choose a zip line in their comfort zone.
a. Our Adventure Zip Line is located at our Team Leadership Center in Sturgeon Bay. You will begin at 30 feet in the air where you will then soar over 1500 feet on the 3-spanned course. The highest point is 45 feet, making our course the highest zip line in Door County. Get ready for an adventurous experience!
b. Our Rowleys Bay Canopy Zip Line is located in Ellison Bay right across from the Rowleys Bay Resort. This 4-spanned zip line tour has been popular for many families getting comfortable zip lining for the first time. You’ll learn how to brake yourself and control your own zip experience from one platform to the next.
4. What could be cooler than zip lining in the dark? Nothing! We offer a Glow Stick Zip Line Tour at our Team Leadership center where you soar through the night air with glow sticks and starlight leading your way!
5. Kayaking our Whitefish Dunes Tour will take your breath away. On this tour you will be paired with a professional kayaker who will guide you to explore Cave Point on beautiful Lake Michigan. Door County Adventure Center has established a partnership with Whitefish Dunes State Park and are the ONLY adventure company that is allowed to launch right from the beach at Whitefish Dunes State Park!
6. Our newest kayak tour location is in Sturgeon Bay. This Bridge-to-Bridge Tour launches from Stone Harbor Marina behind Stone Harbor Resort and continues to stretch along the coastline in Sturgeon Bay. Come and view the bridges from the water and experience the big ships and boats of downtown Sturgeon Bay. Don’t forget if you are a guest staying at the Stone Harbor Resort you will receive 10% off our Bridge-to-Bridge Kayak Tours!
7. Come along on our beautiful Sunset Paddle Board Tours. Egg Harbor hosts the most stunning sunsets in Door County! Our guides will provide a lesson on the best way to maneuver your paddle board and have a front seat for the sunset. Paddle boarding is adaptable for any skill level, provides a full-body workout and is too much fun!
8. Not looking for a guided tour? We offer rentals at our Egg Harbor and Rowleys Bay location. We have single kayaks, tandem kayaks, and stand up paddle boards available for rent!
9. Our staff is itching to meet you! The team at Door County Adventure Center is knowledgeable, outgoing and adventurous. You can count on us for making your day filled with fun! We look forward to bringing laughs and smiles on your adventure!
10. We offer package deals! If you book one adventure with us, you get a $10 discount on the second adventure!! Be sure to take advantage of this great deal. You can even plan your adventures on two different days and still get the discount!
Let’s finish off Summer of 2016 with a bang! We want you to join us on your next adventure! Hope to see you soon!
-Courtney Passon, Marketing Intern